Sunday, April 17, 2011

9: Looking For Alaska by John Green

I have read a few other books by John Green and I really love his writing style and genre of young adult literature. When I first started reading it I already assumed it was going to be amazing and it even exceeded my expectations. The story is about a guy named Miles Halter who is just starting to go to boarding school and has absolutely no friends. But he makes friends quickly with Chip "Colonel", Alaska Young, and Takumi. He has a hobby of collection famous peoples' last words and he falls in love with Alaska, who has a boyfriend that she loves.
This story makes me think of how it feels to go off to college and have to make new friends and discover things about yourself you can't find in your comfort zone. Although, I haven't 'gone off' to college, this book really makes me want to have that goal in life to experience. Also, I found that Looking for Alaska doesn't end just the way you wish it would, and neither does life.


No comments:

Post a Comment