Sunday, February 27, 2011

3: Amelie



Amelie has been my favorite movie for a few years now. It is in French, with English subtitles of course, but it's meaning is universal. It is about a French girl who grew up without any friends because her father was a doctor and thought that she had a heart condition and deemed her unfit for school. Then her mother dies and her father becomes a complete recluse. Though she gets older and moves out while working at a bar called the Three Windmills. Through a series of odd events she becomes interested in helping the people she is in daily contact with but doesn't really know and may be falling in love with a boy she "feels an affinity with".
I related to this movie so easily because I'm just like Amelie. I help other people to the point where I don't ever help myself. You can't fail if you don't set any standards for yourself or if you don't try because you're scared. But then again, you can't win either. This movie definitely made me realize that to get anything worth living for you have to take a risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment